Given the way the world had moved past the last 50 years both in terms of advancements in a number of sectors while coming across a lot number of new hurdles. Some of the technologies that changed the world in the past 50 years include but not limited to,
- Use of Satellites for Broadcasts/Remote Sensing
- Apollo Landing on Moon/Space Research
- Invention of Personal Computers and Internet
- Ever Changing Mobile Phone and Wireless Technologies
- Blogging/Independent Publishing
- Live Webcasts/Podcasts
- Stem Cell Transplants
- 4D Ultrasound in pregnancy monitoring
- Security using Iris Recognition
- Population explosion
- Extensive use of natural resources leading to chronic depletion
- Non-reversible diseases and syndromes like AIDS/Alzheimers
- Political enemity among nations
So, how will the world be in 2050?? Will all the trains run on MagLevs? Will the planes fly at Mach4 or Mach5? Will there be 12 lane/ 20 lane expressways? Would there be any currencies?? Will there be Plastic cards atleast? Plastic cards, passwords, door locks... everything is based on one basic concept - Security! Will everything become outdated and everything from Laptops to bank accounts be integrated by Iris recognition? Will phone calls be activated at the speed of thought?? Will the mobile phone technology still be there? Or will it become outdated? Or will terrorism lead to a full fledged World War III???
The world will see.