* If you felt completely in control of your life, would you have any reason to appeal to whatever entity may be out there for help?
* When you have no reason for being here, doing what you do, is God who you turn to for a sign as well as guidance?
* Is God to be held accountable for that which is mainly inexplicable? Then what would would happen if you could explain everything you came across?
* Is it weakness to require that there be a God for your salvation, for your life to have meaning, for there to be hope?
* In strength, would you turn to God to say thanks for everything?
* Or, would you say that you have not resigned yourself to what God has deemed as your fate? Instead would you say that what has become of you is a result of favourable circumstances as well as who you are and what you have done with your life?
If you are in control, God need not feel that he must bestow upon you his attentions and bother with pulling you out of the hole you were planted in to grow from. You will make it out of the dirt yourself and you will be stronger and better off as a result of the struggle. Don't rely on someone else's help. Do yourself and everyone else a favour and help yourself out of your troubles and into success. And if you have time, effort and resources that are not needed for your own triumph, start pulling others out of the muck with you. The secret to making the world a better place is first fixing yourself and ensuring your own strength and security. Then and only then should you attempt trying to fix anybody or anything else that needs bettering.